Thursday, October 15, 2009

Saints...or Reindeer?

I'm new and I wanted to share something that I think is humorous. A lot of people believe some pretty bizarre things, and my mind plays with their words whenever they talk about them.

For instance, whenever I hear someone say 'god', 'allah', or 'buddha', etc. I always imagine them saying 'Santa Claus', 'Tooth Fairy', or 'Easter Bunny' instead.

i.e.: "Thank God I caught the train on time!" = "Thank Santa I caught the train on time!"

Not to belabor the point, but here's a real life example. I was listening to a BBC report about the pope canonizing saints. The presenter asked a Protestant leader for his opinion and he replied with, "I think that they shouldn't focus so much on worshiping the saints because Jesus is what it's really about. Without Jesus, you wouldn't have Christianity in the first place."

What I imagined him saying was: "I think that they shouldn't lavish so much attention on the reindeer because Santa Claus is what it's really about. Without him, you wouldn't have flying reindeer in the first place."

It just gives me a chuckle. I was going to write more but just noticed that 2:00 AM is just around the bend. If you happen to be reading this (whoever 'you' may be) feel free to leave a comment. One thing I believe is that everyone is unique and does have something to contribute to the betterment of the world, even if they never use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment